Thursday, April 8, 2010

Publix Trip 4/8/10- SAVINGS 51%



Today I ran to Publix to pick up a few odds and ends to complete some meals-in-progress. My TOTAL savings isn't as spectacular as it usually is, but I purchased two big ticket items for which I didn't have significant coupons ($50 BP Gas Card and a $25 iTunes Gift Card), so I think the total is still pretty amazing. Here's what I got:

    6 Coffee-Mate Creamers- BOGO $1.99 each
    4 Pompeian EVOO- BOGO $11.75 each
    2 Coffee-Mate Powdered Creamers- $3.21 each
    3 Chi-Chi's 8 Count Large Burritos- $2.39 each (Rang up incorrectly, marked as 2/$3. Joe at the MetroWest store will refund)
    1 Mission 8 Count Large Burritos- 2/$3 ($1.50)
    8 Publix Mandarin Oranges- $.79 each
    4 Lindsay Pitted Olive Resealables- $2.59 each
    4 Velveeta 2% Milk Mac and Cheese Cups- $1.19 each
    2 Vitamin Waters- $1.45 each
    3 Mother's Day Cards- $.99 each
    2 7-UP 2 Liters- BOGO $1.79 each
    1 BP Gas Card- $40 ($10 off a $50 GC when you purchase $25 in groceries)
    6 Keurig Green Mountain Nantucket Blend 12 count K-Cups- $5.99 each
    1 iTunes Gift Card- $20 ($5 off a $25 GC with purchase of groceries)
    12 Schick 2 Pack Razors- $.99 each


GRAND TOTAL: $229.80 (wow, it adds up quickly, doesn't it?)

Shopping Summary
VENDOR COUPONS TENDERED: $67.19
STORE COUPONS: $17.00
SPECIAL PRICE SAVINGS: $38.65


TOTAL SPENT: 106.96
SAVINGS GRAND TOTAL: $122.84!


Today's Freezer Meal: Turkey, Bean and Cheese Burritos

I soaked Pinto Beans overnight, boiled them this morning and then re-fried them with ground turkey, fresh onion, fresh garlic, olives, fresh tomatoes, sour cream, cheese, fresh cilantro and jalapenos. We ate four burritos for dinner tonight, and I have 20 more bagged in my freezer for quick and easy meals. I plan on saving the last package of 8 burritos for two Fish Taco meals- one of our favorites!

Using items found in my pantry (purchased at a bargain!) I was able to make 24 TASTY and HEALTHY homemade burritos for pennies each. And trust me, they put frozen burritos to shame. YUM!

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment