Friday, April 23, 2010

Spring Cleaning Bargains at Publix



Wow, it was an amazing week at Publix! I bought everything pictured above for $20.23 out of pocket, and, no, I'm not joking! Those that know me personally know we are in the process of buying our first home. We should be closing in the next few weeks, but I'm mentally gearing up for the deep cleaning our new home will need to make it habitable. We snatched our foreclosed home up for $19k less than it's appraised value, but it's quite dirty and will require much elbow grease before I can call it home. Therefore, I was very excited to see that Publix had cleaning items on sale, and I was even more excited to see there were manufacturer and store coupons I could stack to make my purchases nearly free.

I purchased:

    10 boxes of Ziploc Easy Slide storage bags
    14 bottles of Windex Multi-Surface cleaner
    8 bottles of Scrubbing Bubbles Antibacterial cleaner
    6 bottles of Shout Laundry Stain Remover
    5 bottles Scrubbing Bubbles Extend-A-Clean Power Sprayers
    8 twin packs of Glade Scented Oils
    7 Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Cleaning Gels
    7 Scrubbing Bubbles 2-in-1 Fresh Brush


I stacked my Publix Store Coupons ('One Stop, One Shop' and 'There's Value in the Family' coupon booklets) with manufacturer coupons to save 93% on my shopping trip.

Here's my shopping summary:

    Vendor Coupons: $123.18
    Store Coupons: $64.00
    Special Price Savings: $67.82


TOTAL SAVINGS: $255.00

Publix is continuing their Spring Cleaning sale this week. You will still be able to use the coupons found in the 'There's Value in the Family' coupon booklet, however the 'One Stop, One Shop' coupon booklet expired yesterday.

While you're in the store, be on the lookout for the following peelies to make the bargains even better:

    $2.00 off 2 Scrubbing Bubbles Cleansers (BOGO at Publix)
    $1.00 off Glade Scented Oil Refills (BOGO at Publix)

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Wow that's a great shopping trip!! My Publix didn't have the 'There's Value In the Family" booklet. :( You are so lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Michelle! My Publix is quite good about having the various coupon booklets available, so I'm very fortunate. I feel quite accomplished after saving this much money.

    ReplyDelete